POF or LWRC piston driven ar's

shuamee

lookin at getting another ar sometime soon. i really like the way the pof looks amd the way its designed but theres only one dealer for them in my state that i know of (Ga). company doesnt look too big ad only one dealer around here kinda wonderin if they will stay in business and how hard would it be to get parts for it. lwrc would be my next choice nice gun just somethin bout the pof that i like and to tell u the truth ive never even seen one in person. i have asked some of the ppl around here and all of the gun stores if they have one and everytime i hear what is that or who makes it. anybody got experience with one or no anything bout them?

My "work" gun is an LWRC M6, and it is the best AR I have ever shot. It runs clean, no malfunctions, and is plenty accurate. I have no experience with POF, but I'm sure you will not regret getting an LWRC.

thanks for the input. prob will go with the lwrc now for cal. 5.56 6.8 0r 308? had a few ar's in 556 not really impressed with the round. only thing is its cheaper to buy them in bulk than anything else and cheaper to reload. i have several 308's bolts and autos. i love my m1a. i have never shot a 6.8 tho i assume its pretty much like shootin one of my ak's recoil wise. anybody had much dealins with all 3 rounds? what would u suggest. cost is a factor but not much of one i already have a couple thousand casings for my 308s to load dont have many 556 and no 6.8.

I wouldn't touch either of those guns with a ten foot pole. There's tons of examples of LWRCi guns having to go back... Pat Roger's batch, etc.

They've even failed on the Military Channel shows. I watched the goofball from LWRC hand cycling every round on one of the shows.

You might want to give LMT a look. If you want to squeeeze accuracy out of it go DI not often a piston will out shoot DI

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.