place to stay

I would recommend Lusk over Douglas, not many motels so reserve early. (The same would be said for Douglas, reserve early, like NOW.

I live and hunt in the Newcastle Area, and hunt antelope not far from the house, BUT I normally take a tent and set up in the area the night before opening day.

I love camping on the prairie, listening to coyotes 'n such. That is 75% of the hunt in my opinion.

Have called a couple. One said they didn't start taking hunting reservation until September. Another was like $134 a night, 10 times past my budget..lol. Maybe not that bad but way to much for me. I stayed in Casper in 2010 for around 250 a week. Was hoping someone has had a good experence with a low rate. I'll agree about the camping. We do it about 50% of the time. Takes a lot of stuff for us old folks to camp, but i may put in one of our small tents and maybe spend a night or two if the weather's nice. Would love to stay a couple weeks, but room rates make a big difference.

Thanks for the reply

I live and hunt in the Newcastle Area, and hunt antelope not far from the house, BUT I normally take a tent and set up in the area the night before opening day.

I love camping on the prairie, listening to coyotes 'n such. That is 75% of the hunt in my opinion.

And enough firewood for some evening campfires.

Cook off a propane stove ( its just TOOOO easy) but sitting around a small campfire.....*sigh*......be still my heart

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.