Pistol Grip Stocks

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 3fingervic, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 3fingervic

3fingervic Well-Known Member

I am wondering why big named companies; such as Remington, Savage,Winchester ect. don't offer pistol grip stocks? I know some offer McMillian stocks on their guns, but why wouldn't they produce their own? I feel this style of stock if superior to the "traditional" stock. If they did, wouldn't it make some of the aftermarket boys be a little more competitive with their prices?

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

They offer thumb hole stocks which is a variation to the pistol grip. You are just stuck with wood. My guess is the cost of design and changing up tooling. It is easier to customize a customers rifle than trying to fit everybody's taste in a production model. My guess is that is why you only see them in tactical style rifles. "Jim Bob" from the backwoods would probably not feel comfortable shooting anything "Fancy" like a pistol grip and stick with what he knows to be tried and true styling and function. For the 5% that know the benefits of such a configuration can only appreciate it. Just my .02.

Tank

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010

3. 3fingervic

Your post makes sense to me, but I don't like it.:) I dream about a day when the traditional type stock is the exception.

4. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

Armalite AR 30........Just what you want......and deadly accurate!:D:D

5. 3fingervic

That would do the trick, now wouldn't it.gun):D