Pipeline Hacked, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have known about what the effects of a High Altitude EMB for almost 20 years now and have done nothing to harden the grid to protect some critical infrastructure items. Every time the measure comes up in the house it is voted down. So I am not surprised in the least about what the OP mentions.

Human infrastructure? Isn't that where all this money is going I hate the play on words also known as lies!
Yep! And billions of dollars are spent unnecessarily overseas.😡

True, but I also lose power far too often in winter for variety of reasons so having back up has become a real concern. One of the main questions I have for battery back up is the life cycle expectation as well as return/recycle of it. I was actually involved with residential battery backup design project many years ago and battery end of life cycle is major requirement for any system. I would also highly recommend fire suppression system for any battery backup system.
I like the idea of solar and renewables, my issue is my knowledge on the subject and infrastructure/ supply. As far as I know we have only one source of lithium in the states, so that gives me some concerns on battery supply. I agree on the concerns for power. As of now I have only one source for heat and that's electricity.

Besides EMP and other attacks of been on the radar for decades. This isn't anything new. They're just getting better, or we're getting more vulnerable.
The main issue is aging power grid with obsolete technology. Its like putting fuel injection on a Model T. Its like looking at the flight flippers in Hamburg airport instead of LCD display.

We really cannot just rely upon one power input to be fully self sufficient. Wind and solar cannot FULLY provide all the needs individually but in combination can be a reasonable solution. Solar can provide enough to exist but I want more than that so looking at combo system.

That's all earthquake preparedness supplies. I've been through two riots in So Cal. Standard equipment is 5-10 days of supplies with no expectation of help after a big quake.
[/QUO
I'm all about being self sufficient. My point is everytime something happens people panic, my reference to above.
Do people really know some countrys dont even use toilet paper!

The security mantra is pretty simple: if the desire is to have access convenient, it will be hacked. We just don't want to take the hard position of data security is paramount and nothing else matters. But noooo, whahhhh, My smart phone needs to connect! Whahhhhh!

Some how I screwed up above.
Anyway I'm all about being self sufficient
My point was everytime it seems anymore people panic and just run out and buy everything, do they really know some countrys dont even use toilet paper

They can be tracked in the country they reside. We need to hold the country of origin completely responsible for their citizen actions whether government induced or not. No more slaps on wrist, make this an "unprofitable" action to severe degree.

Its bad enough how vulnerable our data systems are but I shudder to think what are physical security measures are now. We are too far from 911 to remain vigilant. The right power stations taken out can shut down grids for very long periods of time.
Agreed! That's why we need a redundancy system in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.