Pics of the new camo job on my .308

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Jeff In TX, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Jeff In TX

Jeff In TX Well-Known Member

I recently got my .308 back from Camo-it. They camo’d my LH Rem 700 .308 tactical rifle in the Montana Prairie Ghost camo. They do the water transfer camo process. The best thing is they did the whole rig including bi-pod. The rifle was built by Mike Lau at TBA and has a McMillan A3 stock, Mike Rock 26” SS barrel, 3-postion safety, Jewell trigger, Leupold Tactical 6.5–20X50mm LRM1, MGW 20 degree scope bases, Badger Ordnance rings, Winchester steel floor plate and Harris Bi-pod.

I’m heading to the range on Wed morning to resight in and start some serious load development.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

DAMMIT man -- I thought I was helping out with my last email, but it looks you are a picture posting pro now!!!

3. texas

texas Well-Known Member

Don't drop it in the grass, I might find it [​IMG] [​IMG]. You remember the old saying "Finders keepers Losers Weepers" [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dam good looking rifle. I took Chris's advice and looked up Celts site H.D.Rifles and fell in love waiting to see how the RATTLER turns out.

4. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Very nice Jeff, I'm droooooling! [​IMG]

Love that pattern and colors.

What do they charge to do the whole thing like that?

5. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Jeff,

Sweet.. between you and CJ .... you have guys going crazy trying to figure out how to get extra $$ away from the little woman...

I went to their site.. no prices!! gotta call.. I hate that!!

so what does a job like that cost a guy????

6. LeMay

LeMay Well-Known Member

Looks Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeMay OUT

7. Jeff In TX

To do the whole gun including scope, mounts rings and two bi-pod (short & tall) was $150.00. The only thing they couldn't do was the scope covers. Currently the film won't stick to that type of rubber.

I actually did three guns, they also did my .45 and Rem 1100. All told the everything ran me $300.00. They did a fantastic job. I was able to work with them on pricing since I had 3 guns.

They do fantastic work

[ 08-26-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

8. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Jeff,

Thanks.. but my wife doesn't thank you....

How durable is the finish supposed to be.. I see you have it on one of your tacticals but do you think I would withstand a tactical beating?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jeff In TX

This is the same type finish they put on the new shotguns, only theres is 2mm thick and Camo-it uses 3mm film. My buddy has beat the snot out of his shotgun here in Tx with all the mesquite and cactus and it wears very well. I had a heck of time scraping off a small piece under the receiver.

I guess time will tell, but when I torque down the nuts on the scope rings, it didn't mar the finish at all.

Hope it helps

[ 08-26-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Well-Known Member

Lock your doors Jeff, I think I might steel it. [​IMG]

11. dwm

dwm Well-Known Member

Very nice cammo.

How long did it take to get them back?

Doug

12. Jeff In TX

Two week tur around start to finish!

13. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Man that pattern is a coyote hunter's dream come true.

14. ejboy

ejboy Active Member

Jeff,
    Where in Texas did you get the camo done on your rifle? The pic's are not visible now.
    EJBoy