Picatinny Rail n Rings for Sendero?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by MontanaRifleman, May 18, 2009.

1. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

I'll be mounting a 5.5-22x50 NSX on a Sendro 300 Ultra (Rem 700 LA). couple of questions....

Are the .85 Nightforce rings (using a 20 MOA rail) high enough to provide clearance for scope and barrel?

I've seen Millet and EGW rails on the internet for about $40 which is a lot less than some others such as NF, etc.

Which should I go with and why?

Thanks,

-MR

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

The .850" rings will work with the Sendero contour barrel.
    The Millett rings and EGW base will suffice, it's all a matter of personal preference.

3. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

+1 on what Joel said. I would also look at TPS rings. Seem to be very good quality at about half the price on Nightforce.

4. MontanaRifleman

Thanks guys, I was going with the NF rings because I am going to get either their anti cant level top ring or Shawn's.

5. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Nightforce rings and base are much better than the TPS and other rings in that price range. We did sell TPS but I was not 100% happy with them (had clamping and tube damage issues). The best rings at a low cost I found were Acculock but he is not making them anymore but even them I had to lap. With Nightforce, Badger, and Seekins 99.99% of the time I do not have to lap the rings and if I do it tends to be due to the base not being a Nightforce, Badger, or Seekins.

The rings you would have gotten made by Nightforce would have been 0.885” center height you could have gotten a little lower with the Badger 0.823” center height but if you went to a bigger barrel latter then it could have been an issue.

Mike @ CSGW

6. MontanaRifleman

I am definitely getting NF steel rings so I can mount their anti-cant bubble level top ring.

My question is, are EGW or Millet picatinny rail bases good products at around $40 vs NF rail base @ $114. If you think that getting the other cheaper rails might lead to lapping the rings, then I'll go with the NF base because I do not want to have to lap the rings if I can avoid it.

Thanks for the feedback,

-MR

7. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Yes I would be the extra for a better base.

Mike @ CSGW