Pic Rail Brands

The_Whitetail_kid

Looks like I'm venturing to the word of pic rails, will be using them to mount nightforce and zeiss scopes, does it really matter which brand I go with? Anybody have any preferences? Thanks

EGW makes good rails for not a lot of money. Area 419 makes great stuff and is having a 10% off sale ending today. If I were looking to buy a rail I would strongly consider one of their offerings. NF ones seem to be popular on here as well but I have no personal experience with them. I do have a set of their rings which I think are good but overhyped just like their optics.

I would also suggest buying an aluminum one versus a steel one because its a softer material than the steel action and reduces the chance of any kind of marring. I have also had rust form between a blued action and steal scope mounts before so making one of them aluminum should reduce the likelihood of that. Definitely buy one with a bit of MOA cant built into it as well.

I am partial to Warne or EGW pic rails. Always go with 20moa built in. Haven't had the reason to try other or more expensive brands.

Outer Impact are about as cheap as you can find and they usually ship for free. I have tried them all or a good portion, pay attention to how they position the front and rear of the rail, some are slightly extended allowing for extra positioning of the rings fore and aft.

I have some rifles with the Murphy Precision 20 MOA rails, mainly X-Bolts because of the extra holes.

I have used the Leupold BackCountry rails and really like them. They are made of 7075 Aluminum and I find them to be well machined. Midway usually has them on sale.

Area 419 and Warne are excellent and made in USA. There are others too but I have various items from both of those companies and they are great. Make sure you pay attention to the material of the rails. 7075 aluminum is much harder and stronger than 6061 aluminum. Some companies pay more attention to smoothing edges and radiusing corners than others.