Performance of 2.5x10-32 NXS ?

trueblue

Would like to get some feedback from those that own this scope as to how they like it. I did a search, but didn't find much on performance of this scope.
Looking to buy one, due to it's weight and obvious quality of repeatability of the Nightforce, but would like imput on what yardage you have used it at, and what size targets can be taken at the longest yardage you have used it at.
I already have a 5.5x22 NXS, and might get another, but wanted to find out more about how everyone likes this smaller version.
Also, do you find the NP-R2 reticle to "busy" in the 32mm objective ? I am looking at either the NP-1 or NP-R2 reticle

Last edited:
Trueblue,

Haven't used this particular scope yet but just FYI, they are coming out within the next month or so with a ballistic reticle in both of the 2.5X10 NSX scopes.

There will be three options: a low velocity, medium velocity, and high velocity reticle. The reticles are set up to be zeroed in at 200 yards and the horizontals are spaced every 100 yards out to 600 yards with a smaller hash mark at the 50 yard mark. There is also a single hash above the center line for the 100 yard mark.

- medium velocity reticle is set up for a trajectory that has a 11.5 MOA drop at 600 yards.
-high velocity reticle is set for a trajectory of 9.5 MOA drop at 600 yards.
Not sure of the stats for the low velocity.

Reticles are also set for 5 & 10 MPH drift at each range.

I am actually seriously considering one of these scopes.

Again, just FYI for those that may be interested.

They are great scope and I really like them. To me they are one of the best variable 10x scopes on the market. They are very robust, the turrets are very positive, the Glass is very clean, they are a nice size, and the reticles are great.

Mike @ CSGW

Mike,

If you happen to know: How would you rate the 2.5X10 NF NSX to the U.S. Optics 1.8x10x37 (or 44)? Setting aside the weight and cost difference (which clearly favors the NF) from a purely technical aspect, how would you compare the two?

I am on the fence between these two scopes.

BTW, My intended use is primarily for a hunting rifle and some bench shooting out to 800-1000 yards (which is a distant secondary use.)

Your insight would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.