416 Barrett w/ nxs 8-32

2506shooter

My dad just purchased a Barrett 82a1 in 416. He ordered a night force nxs 8-32 for it based on a recommendation From allnight force.com. He got it with 1/8 clicks. For long range shooting is it better to have 1/8 or 1/4 moa clicks. My limited understanding made me think 1/4. I am sure the base has some MOA built in to it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

My dad just purchased a Barrett 82a1 in 416. He ordered a night force nxs 8-32 for it based on a recommendation From allnight force.com. He got it with 1/8 clicks. For long range shooting is it better to have 1/8 or 1/4 moa clicks. My limited understanding made me think 1/4. I am sure the base has some MOA built in to it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It's not going to make much difference in long range accuracy. 1/8 moa is 1.31 inch at 1000 yards. Velocity dispersion and wind deflection uncertainty are likely be greater than the value of one click either way on each shot. The main argument against 1/8 moa clicks is it takes more time counting clicks, but knobs can be set by reading turret marks too.

Your father's decision could have been based on price or availability of the scope or perhaps he just wants the finer adjustments. Since he has the scope why question his choice? Making his and your shooting experience enjoyable is more important.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.