pdog hunt in some nice scenery

[ QUOTE ]
Ours are good to about 7 mph before they get shaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, we consider that calm!!! That's probably about where ours shake as well.

Lerch,

I don't think videoing through the Swaro is the problem. It's just that **** mirage is soo thick most days, we don't gain any usable magnification by using it.

Bill & lerch,
while not perfect the manfrotto-bogen tripods are the most stable I have found, if you want it heavier and more stable just hang a sand bag or two on it. If you buy one and dont think it is an upgrade from what you are using now I'll buy it from you (I probably need another one anyway).
I have not tried to video much through my spotting scope, but the picture of the eagle was taken through my Leica 77 spotter at 20x and my Canon digital camera at 3x and zoomed in a few more times on my computer.it was out past 600yds
UB
p.s. I agree about the "**** mirage"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ours are good to about 7 mph before they get shaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, we consider that calm!!! That's probably about where ours shake as well.

Lerch,

I don't think videoing through the Swaro is the problem. It's just that **** mirage is soo thick most days, we don't gain any usable magnification by using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding!!!!
Its gusting over 60 here right now!
Ive got testing to do and im going to settle for consistant 15mph winds if I have to!

lerch -- i took a couple vids thru my swaro at 60x the other weekend...can send them to you if you want.

223 trace on a 500M gong.

Would be REALLY TOUGH on a tripod -- i had the spotter sandbagged on the bench. 60x is tough to keep the cam in the EP

YMMV,
JB

G.G.
I think your being too tough on D. Petzal. He was only off by 450+ yards when he described the abilities of the B.O.A.G (22Hornet) It was fun to get out the little guns for the first time since last Aug. They still shoot!!!
I think I'll shim the scope up and try for 700. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif----7mmrhb

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, by the way, I got the package today and everything looked great. I'm loading them up as we speak for tomorrow's little experiment! Thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you two are up to and I expect to see some results!! If you don't post them, email me.

Oh, I almost forgot, PLEASE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.