PD Shoot With Friends

When I find a snake i either shoot it or go the other way.. Joel wants to play with them..

We looked up statistics once and like 85% of rattlesnake bites are to males under 30 where alcohol is involved. So, I feel Joel is probably in the safety margin. Unless he presses the envelope and the average number of play times get him..:D

Jeff

We looked up statistics once and like 85% of rattlesnake bites are to males under 30 where alcohol is involved. So, I feel Joel is probably in the safety margin. Unless he presses the envelope and the average number of play times get him..:D

Jeff

Well if those statistics are true.... Im ****ed

Well if those statistics are true.... Im ****ed

I was off on my numbers, here it is.

Quote from wickepedia

"A majority of victims (~ 72%[64]) are males, often young and intoxicated. Approximately half of bites occur in cases where the victim saw the snake yet made no effort to move away"

So actually your way to deal with them and rereading these statistics you are probably ok unless you drink too much and fall on one. But the odds are not looking as good for Joel...:D:D

Chase, buddy ol pal...you trust me don't ya????? :):) That's why I grabbed Greg and hauled him down to the kill(s). He was the third party that was supposed to be dis-interested, but a few bucks thrown his way turned him into willy slick-fingers and he would have said anything I told him, although Charles wasn't so easy, I had to promise him a free re-barrel:).

Really though, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I'm sure I'll see you again.

Jeff

I was feeling good after reading this as I'm well over 30 years old, and alcohol is never involved.....

I was off on my numbers, here it is.

Quote from wickepedia

"A majority of victims (~ 72%[64]) are males, often young and intoxicated. Approximately half of bites occur in cases where the victim saw the snake yet made no effort to move away"

So actually your way to deal with them and rereading these statistics you are probably ok unless you drink too much and fall on one. But the odds are not looking as good for Joel...:D:D

Then you had to add the part about the victim making no effort to move away...:rolleyes:

JUDD, I met a man in Montana as we were turning in rental cars. Found out he was from my home state of VA. When asked if he was hunting alone, he told me a sad story. Seems he and his hunting buddy had been saving $20. here and there for years so they could come to Montana to hunt the big deer. This was in Nov. He then said his friend died last June so he had to come out by himself.
I tell you this because in case you don't know it; life is short and one day, before you leave this world, your legs will refuse to take you on that list of places you want to someday go. Don't wait til you can't ; go while you can !

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.