PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MontanaRifleman, Mar 5, 2010.

  1. MontanaRifleman

    MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    6,068
    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
  2. jmden

    jmden Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,725
    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    I voted no.
     

  3. MN Hunter

    MN Hunter Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    557
    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2009
    i voted no
     
  4. RockyMtnMT

    RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

    Messages:
    3,029
    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2007
    Thanks MR for posing the link. That video sure shows the wolf to be wonderful. Pretty rosie picture of North Americas top predator. They talk about protecting the grizzly and the bison as well. Would be a lot easier if the wolves weren't killing them.

    Steve
     
  5. winmag

    winmag Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,528
    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    I voted NO, only because they had no EMPHATICLY NO WAY IN HECK DO THESE VERMIN HAVE ANY BUSINESS EVEN SUCKING IN OXYGEN IN CATTLE COUNTRY!!!!! Maybe they should put that option in there as well. Bet theyd get alot more votes!
     
  6. bigbuck

    bigbuck Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,650
    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    I voted NO ! As of this moment total votes were 6,644 67 % said NO



    Bigbuck
     
  7. MontanaRifleman

    MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    6,068
    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    Steve, it's interesting how they don't show their precious canine killers ripping apart their prey. Just cute bites of howling and playing and chasing. And the wolf lovers call the wolf hunters "inhumane". I didn't know that wolves were part human :rolleyes:

    I'm plannig on being about 1000 yds from YNP border this fall when the season opens again with my 1K wolf thumper :D gun)
     
  8. royinidaho

    royinidaho Writers Guild

    Messages:
    8,853
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
    They got my NO......

    Additionally my uniquely designed LRH 270 cal wolf getter boolet is about perfected. Made specially for woofs.

    Still have to the end of the month to fill my current tag.
     
  9. Chas1

    Chas1 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,547
    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Let's see if PBS airs the results.
     
  10. royinidaho

    royinidaho Writers Guild

    Messages:
    8,853
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
    Yeah......Right:rolleyes:
     
  11. sdkidaho

    sdkidaho Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    312
    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2009
    No.

    6982 votes. 68% also said NO. The other 32% are lint lickers.
     
  12. roaddog1m

    roaddog1m Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    306
    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Um....Actually Steve, I'm North America's top predator! :cool:

    Being a dog lover, I recognize the Wolves are awesome killing machines (which I can respect) but like any other killing machine, they have to be managed a little better.
    I also shoot my fare share of yotes and I pick off a wolf if I had the chance (and it was legal of course)
    I'm actually more sick of deer! Do you know how many damn car vs. deer accidents I do every year!?! Bring a few wolves to SD!
     
  13. 1/2 slam

    1/2 slam Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    114
    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2009
    That's 6983 no votes, I just voted no. To bad we couldn't get some of those bunny huggers to google up saveelk.com and see what kind of a killing machine a wolf really is. Only our government can introduce a new species and call it endangered.
     
  14. jmden

    jmden Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,725
    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    Yes...chexk out www.saveelk.com for a little reality check--far removed from what the general public has been told by PBS and other media outlets typically.

    Especially as hunters, the taxes (supposed to be used for conservation and management efforts--most of us thinking this would go towards helping game species like elk) on money we put towards licences and shooting equipment, etc., went to introduce (NOT reintroduce) a non-native species of wolf that is much different in many respects than the species(or sub-species) shot out years ago.

    How's that for a use of your hunting and fishing taxdollars by the USFWS?