Packable Waders

BoomFlop

I'm looking for packable waders to cross a shallow river on my western hunts. Knee high would probably work. Would like them to be as light as possible. Also, do not need quality or durability really. Just need to cross a river that is 20 ft wide.

Thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

Here you go
C076FDD7-7662-41A8-AFDB-63E0118E4FDF.png

Maybe think about buying a package of the toughest, thick plastic garbage bags to slip your legs in and cross the creek. Bags are extremely light and can be stuffed into a small pocket on your pack or pants. very simple and useful.

I have a pair of the knee high waders and love them I have packed them all around the A-B Wilderness for years and they work great. I just returned from 10 days and 72 miles of riding and caught several cutthroat.
Henry

Stocking foot would be the lightest but you would need to bring boots as well. Frogg toggs makes some hip boots that look pretty light.

Amazon product ASIN B00IZHODJY
If the water is truly only knee high, you could get away with some knee high waterproof gaiters providing the boots you are wearing are waterproof. They are also handy if you are walking through tall wet grass or snow.

Last edited: