Pack for hauling out meat

I use a KUIU Icon 1850 as my main hunting pack when not backpacking in or doing a spike camp. I use a 5200 or 7200 on the same KUIU Icon frame for those. I love my pack. I have packed out a lot of animals with the pack. Always having a frame pack, with the weight of a non frame pack is huge to me. Even with the 1850, I can fit any hind quarter in the "load shelf" (the backpack pops off the frame, and straps secure the meat directly to the frame, and the bag re-attaches to the frame and synchs down). I have the old generation, and still love it. The only other pack I would consider is Stone Glacier, but the same guy developed and created the KUIU Icon. If I couldn't have a KUIU or Stone Glacier, I would have a Kifaru. I have tried Eberlestocks, and to me they aren't even in the same league as a Stone Glacier or KUIU. I like Mystery Ranch and the NICE frame for durability, the the weight empty is just to much for the backcountry hunting I do. Whatever you choose, once you go to a frame pack that expands for meat and contracts for normal use, you'll never go back!!! I have let 3 people carry my pack with meat on it when carrying out game. All 3 are now using a KUIU Icon pack. Best of luck!

I used kifaru emr2 and the load sling when needed. The normal pack will take most 1/4's the load sling for moose hinds. The new frames will be better than mine...... Want a slightly used duplex?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.