which frame pack for meat?

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by Tikkamike, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I have a nice pack its large enough I could easily put about 100 lbs of meat in it but its a nice pack so I dont want to put meat in it. I have a cow elk tag in an area I have never hunted before this year and from the looks of it i may have to pack out meat on my back. So my question is this. I am looking for a good frame pack that will be used almost exclusively for packing meat. also I dont want to spend a lot. So a good but inexpensive pack is what im looking for. packing meat 2-3 miles max. What do you guys reccomend and where do i buy it?

2. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Simple solution is to buy cotton pillow cases and plastic bags for the meat, that way you protect your meat with the cotton pillow case, and you protect your pack with the plastic bag. Just and idea.

3. DanMan

DanMan Well-Known Member

haven't seen or used it in person but Midway USA has one on sale this month for about 65.00 I think. Made by Allen it has a meat shelf and everything. Certainly not an Eberliestock but I am thinking about one myself for a "just in case" situation.lightbulb

4. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

thanks dan thats exactly my plan "just for incase" it would be nice to be able to drop my pack with all my gear and lighten up to haul some meat