Out of Grand Forks, ND

calling4life

My name is Brett Wagner, just graduated with my bachelors in Entrepreneurship from UND, though I'm 27 years old. I am currently working with a small "outdoor" I suppose you'd call them, company out of MN, helping develop and further some of their products, as well as using them to help me with one I've designed.

Got into waterfowling about the age of 9, dad didn't hunt but was open to it and off we went, it was basically my job to direct the hunts, gather info on what needed to be done and learn to call.

I fell in love with calling, it is the reason I hunt, for some it's the dog work, for some it's the kill, I like the interaction between caller and animal.

I've also competed since about 2004 in local duck and goose calling tournaments, though never winning anything to talk about.

In the past few years I got into predator hunting, coyotes mainly, this year I will hopefully get after a wolf, it is definitely a rush calling a predator.

As such, I got a rifle and got into shooting, started shooting fclass leagues last year, just had a match Sunday as well, though I've now cut my barrel to 18" and thrown a muzzle brake on, so that had to be removed and killed things.

Here are some pictures, the rig is a Savage model 10FCP 308, sits in a choate tactical stock, bedded, accushot monopod on the back, barrel cut to 18" and a badger fte added by GAP. Sightron SIII 8-32x56 MOA sits on top.
WP_000279.jpg

Here are some recent pics of how she shoots, just had it re-bedded, the barrel work was done recently as well, so accuracy testing was in order.

These are shot with Federal gold medal 175's, from the bench as you see the gun sitting above.
3shot100scored.jpg

3shot100scored2.jpg

3shot200scored.jpg

4shot200scored.jpg

3shot300scored.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.