Out and about again

MachV

Just got back from a trip to the NW corner of Wy=Got a couple of neat pics?
Grizz shaking the water off.
DSC00808.JPG

DSC00803.JPG

Caught this guy out in the open.
DSC00583.JPG

Pelican landing on the Yellowstone river.
DSC00819.JPG

Rockchuck sitting on its launching pad.
DSC00756.JPG

Indigo Bunting???
DSC00903.JPG

Buffalo letting me know I aint welcome in his neck of the prairie!!
DSC00915.JPG

Black bear kicking back in the shade.
DSC00895.JPG

This little tike was keeping his eye on me.
DSC00879.JPG

Had a couple of helpers at lunch time.
DSC00815.JPG

Mach V
AHHH spring time in jellystone!!
Great time to be there!!
Nice pics thanks for sharing and making me wish I was there.
I think the buff was just looking for a mate!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CAM

anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif
anim_rofl2.gif

NOPE-NO,ben in enough bar fights and worked cattle enough years to know they where not lookin fer a mate they was lookin to turn someone into a grease spot...but like I told the Father-in-law "I aint worried....I can still out run YOU HE He he"
We saw a lot of bufalo along and in the road that seamed very passive
DSC00609.JPG

but these guys out in the prairie wanted to be left alone!!!
DSC00917.JPG

DSC00916.JPG

The only downside to Yellowstone is the tourists....I even met one that knew and spoke English /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Somehow I missed these. Boy, you sure were up close and personal with that bear.

The Grizz was 75-100 yards away when he was shaking the water off and a little closer in the other one. I got the father-in-law within arms reach as the bear come out of the riverbank and onto the road. He thought it was cool but the better halves in the back seat where not so keen about being THAT close to a bear :eek:
Wish I would have had the camera on action for a faster shutter speed but it all happened kinda fast.Got to see thousands of dallars worth of lenses though as everyone had a big lens pokeing out of thier vehicles.
I'll bet we watched that Mountain Bluebird for an hour or so,they hunt like a falcon and as aggresive as a bluejay.
Lots to see and do in Yellowstone in the spring!
More out and about pics,wich reminds me I need another ROAD TRIP!!
http://imageevent.com/cjnmn/outandabout

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.