Oregon blacktails

CodyH

Wife got her first off-hand shot on an animal on a rainy evening. Her first words walking up to him were "Awe, Hes so cute" she was more than happy with him.
:)

I had a small buck at 650 yds one rainy evening and passed due to the visibility I had and the fact I was starting to see more activity. The next morning I took my ugly hunting partner with me and got my buck at the crack of daylight on my way in to the canyon i hunted the evening prior.

A friend and I sat on the same canyon a third evening and passed a small fork at 875 yds, about 5 mins later I was able to spot a deer by his double throat patch. He was a big 3 pt and my buddy got to scare him 3 times at 635 yds. That would have been his first buck. Had a fun season. I did get my first color phase bear earlier in the season as well.

Attachments

• KIMG0029.jpg
    KIMG0029.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20141014_093317.jpg
    20141014_093317.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 95
Good looking deer! I hunted outside of Portland and Vancouver for six years when I lived out there. The last year I finally got a little buck similar to your wife's. He's one of my favorite trophies and his skull resides on top of my kitchen cabinets.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.