Options for M70 CRF to allow longer COAL?

When I re-barreled my M70 (originally a 375 H&H) with a 30" Hart I had them ream and set up the action as per Wyatt. It all worked out great for the 338 Edge that it became. The magazine allowed for 3.815 OAL loads; if I remember correctly it was 3.825 maximum internal measurement. I think my chamber was 3.970 OAL. I'll check my records when I get back home tomorrow. All this could be moot if you have the short action, but the post before this (can't get back there) the person got it all down the right way concerning that pesky center action screw. I modified a SS self-tapping screw and fastened it through a reinforced epoxy filler so I could still adjust the fit of the floor-plate.

Apparently cannot attach photos to a reply? So let's try this:

Attachments

• M70338Eb.jpg
    M70338Eb.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 106
  • M70338Ee.jpg
    M70338Ee.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for taking time to reply. As I dive further and further into this I think I can avoid any milling to my action. So I think the wyatt magazine isn't needed. I have a call into a gunsmith now and I'm waiting on a reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts