Optilock Ring torque specs.

winelines

I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to find torque specs for my Optilock ring mounts through Sako or Berretta. They give you an allen wrench with the mounts, so I suspect torque isn't too critical because of the compressible inserts. I used the standard 20 in lbs for steel rings, but it feels like you could crank them down a lot more.

Does anyone have any details on this issue?

Thanks.

Pretty dang old post for sure but this is what I found in my searches. Does anyone have recommended torque specs for the Optilok ring caps?

I'm putting on a new 30mm scope on my Sako L61R which had/has Optilok rings and bases. Last scope I had on slipped. Don't recall what I set them at previously. I added Rosin powder between the scope and plastic inserts this time and will probably torque them to about 22ish in lbs, blue lokite them, and see what happens.

From the optilok guide on euro optiks;

Optilock scope ring cap screws should be torqued to 15-17 in/lbs, the Optilock base to scope ring
stud screw and the base to dovetail clamp screw should be torqued to 45 in/lbs.

However, I have mine (SAKOM995 in .300 WM) set at 15 and 35 for ~15 years without any issues.

Thank you for that info, I couldn't locate it. That's less than I thought for the steel rings and the plastic insert. I appreciate your response!