Opinons please

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by darrindlh, Feb 18, 2011.

1. darrindlh

darrindlh Well-Known Member

Guys what are your opinons on a weatherby vanguard action? All opinons are welcome.

Thanks
    Darrin

2. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

a very well designed action that seems to always shoot better than most folks think it will
    gary

3. sniper1958

sniper1958 Active Member

I'll second that. My son has a .300 Weatherby Vanguard. The action is smooth and precise - very accurate rifle.

4. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

The Vanguard action is a Howa built action and I have the S&W M1500 version which I purchased about 29 years ago. As far as I can tell, there are no signifcant differences in the present Vanguard.

They are probably one of the best non-custom actions available and have a lot of after market parts such as stocks and ring bases, etc., available.

-Mark

5. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

The only difficulties I've encountered, is getting the original , small parts one my need, like extractors/springs/some screws. The place in Tulsa isn't nearly as abliging as they used to be! There are many other places, listed on Weatherbys' web site as "Authorized Service Providers". I just may not have found the right one, yet! as there are quit a few listed.

6. darrindlh

darrindlh Well-Known Member

Well that is great to here!! I can't believe I got my vangaurd for such a great deal.. Now I need a new stock and bedding job and to the range. Thank you for all of your replys

Darrin