Opinions on Rebarreling a Rem. 25/06?

I'll make a vote for the fast twist 25-06. I just had one of mine rebarreled with a 26" hawk hill sendero in 257 with a 7.5" twist. I got through the break in and speed up with 115 NBT's going 3090fps when they settled. I ran my pressure tests with the 131 Blackjacks and with IMR8133, ran right up to 3200fps with 60.5gr. That load is about the msot powder you can fit in that case with the bullet at Tikka mag length. I had to vibrate the case to settle the powder enough to seat the bullet. No pressure, clover leaf group with the top 3 charges over a 1.5gr span. Go ahead and run the ballistics of that 131 at that speed against any 6.5 140gr. I'll wait here.

I have one (25-06) that's over 3k rounds through it. Still holds under an inch for now. When I re-barrel I'll go with a 26" in the same cartridge. Nothing wrong with any of the Pac-Nor barrels on my others, so I'll go there most likely.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either the .25-06 or the 6.5-06 as the performance levels of both are nearly identical when exuberance is excluded. Under hunting circumstances with hunting bullets and hunting loads, either one will harvest deer size game at the distances discussed. The shooter has to be up to the challenge and the bullet needs to be properly constructed. There is no wrong answer here between these cartridges. The only change I suggest examining is whether or not to to use one of the improved versions. Load test then go hunt!

Enjoy the process!

I have a Remington 700 in 25/06 we have had for years. It probably has had thousands of rounds ran threw it. Still shoots well but not like it use to.

Gotta a few questions.

1st...What calibers, besides a 25/06 can you change to? And which would you guys and galls reccommend me to get? Prob be a deer gun. Ranging from 0 to 600 yards. But might be a little small for deer at that ranges so might be a extreme long range shooter for coyotes instead.

2nd...What does it usually cost to have it rebarreled? And what all would you have done to the action?

3rd... Who would you recommend?

And 4th...What brand of barrel would you go with?
I am looking for a 25-06 barrel to replace my 270 barrel on my Remington 700. I might be interested in yours when you take it off or maybe you want to just trade guns? Or barrels?

I have a Remington 700 in 25/06 we have had for years. It probably has had thousands of rounds ran threw it. Still shoots well but not like it use to.

Gotta a few questions.

1st...What calibers, besides a 25/06 can you change to? And which would you guys and galls reccommend me to get? Prob be a deer gun. Ranging from 0 to 600 yards. But might be a little small for deer at that ranges so might be a extreme long range shooter for coyotes instead.

2nd...What does it usually cost to have it rebarreled? And what all would you have done to the action?

3rd... Who would you recommend?

And 4th...What brand of barrel would you go with?
If it has a 26-inch barrel, rechamber it to .257 Wby Mag. Easy work for a competent gunsmith. Cheers