One thing the LabRadar does that Garmin doesn't...

LRNut

I was at F Class Products in Phoenix yesterday picking up a rifle and talked with Bryan Blake, the owner. I asked if he has tried the Garmin, and his response was interesting: "Yeah, it is pretty cool, but it doesn't pick up every shot in a 20 shot string in F Class - missed about half."

I noticed when I shoot with mine that it says "Processing" or something like that for a second or two. Not an issue with me, but it might be for some F Class shooters.

I was at F Class Products in Phoenix yesterday picking up a rifle and talked with Bryan Blake, the owner. I asked if he has tried the Garmin, and his response was interesting: "Yeah, it is pretty cool, but it doesn't pick up every shot in a 20 shot string in F Class - missed about half."

I noticed when I shoot with mine that it says "Processing" or something like that for a second or two. Not an issue with me, but it might be for some F Class shooters.
I've had zero problems out of mine running plenty of shot strings 20 or more but I'm not firing very rapidly.

I noticed when I shoot with mine that it says "Processing" or something like that for a second or two. Not an issue with me, but it might be for some F Class shoot
I'm not sure that any Chrono was designed for speed events...that's what timers are for...but the Garmin is working flawlessly so far in my "normal " shooting experience. Chrono in my pocket... doesn't get better than that!

Agree not a big fan of Caldwell products. Most of it is cheap junk
I haven't seen the caldwell yet or heard any first hand input from a user but sales pitch/product info sounds worth checking it out. I find this unfounded instant, rabid 6.5 creedmoor type hate/prejudice funny.. I will take the wait and see approach. I like competition and choice in the market place, it drives innovation and lowers prices.

I must have been shooting at a slower than I thought last time. I was able to consistently out shoot the Garmin today.

It also picked up several shots from the neighboring lane. Igt was an AR, but must have been a 300 BO since they were under 1000 fps. If it were 5.56, my guess is that the Xero would have ignored them.

I haven't seen the caldwell yet or heard any first hand input from a user but sales pitch/product info sounds worth checking it out. I find this unfounded instant, rabid 6.5 creedmoor type hate/prejudice funny.. I will take the wait and see approach. I like competition and choice in the market place, it drives innovation and lowers prices.
"unfounded"? LOL, respectfully, to use unfounded in this context is a pretty big stretch.

Caldwell is an imported Chinese line of inexpensive products introduced and promoted by MidwayUSA and have always been cheaply made and lower quality, usually direct copies of American designed and made goods.

Perhaps our definitions of "competition" vary, but while they are a "choice", they really do not seem like legit competition.

In my own experience with several Caldwell products (their bipod copies of Harris, their pedestal rests, their torque wrenches and other "gunsmithing" tools) brought in by students, my opinion is that they are sub-standard. The "Harbor Freight" of the gun world.

I would not buy or own a Caldwell product based on experience alone, not even considering the way I feel about ripping off original designs and having them cheaply copied offshore.

I wish you luck with your Caldwell chronograph.