• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Old Weaver T16 Micro Trac Scope

Charlie Brown Jr.

A scope made in the USA for less than the price of a new truck! Weaver T 16, this scope was way ahead of its time on tracking. Carbide bearings and the best tracking available once upon a time. I remember when these came out, the target shooters went nuts, a scope you could adjust to 800 yds and back to 300 yds and dial it right on the money. Accurate, reliable, and tough enough to shoot all day with a 300 Winchester. This one has some miles on it, some ring dents, and the optics are a little hazy. If I was going to keep it, I'd send it off to Iron Sight Inc. or Bill Ackerman optical Co. and have it cleaned up better than new. You could still use it as is, but it's due for a cleaning. These are pretty hard to find in the higher powers anymore. I've seen them in like new condition go for over 700 bucks, so it looks like there are still a few old timers that remember what a great scope this is. You can have this one for $250 and I'll pay shipping UPS insured.

Attachments

• DSCN8671.JPG
    DSCN8671.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCN8672.JPG
    DSCN8672.JPG
    814.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN8673.JPG
    DSCN8673.JPG
    863.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN8674.JPG
    DSCN8674.JPG
    783.4 KB · Views: 80
I bought one of these in about 1974, and mounted it on a new 40x Rem 7 mag.
Dont remember what i paid for the T16 scope, but the gun was $342 on sale at Leslie Edelmans store in Montgomeryville PA.
Still have both gun and scope.
They had knobs you cold dial before others like Leupold did, and they worked very well.
Leslie Edelman later sold the store and bought Kimber firearms
company.
I also have a T6 weaver that i used in hunter class benchrest.
Good solid scopes.

Recent Posts