Old Time Bolt Action

Urban Redneck

I have a old 1903 bolt action rifle. It is a 6.5x55 caliber.

Question is,
is this a good LR round and if it is, would it be worth my time to invest into this rifle and use the 6.5x55 as just another fun gun to shoot? Noting that would be used with a scope as I dont want to ruin this nice piece of art IMO. But really interested in the feed back about the caliber itself. I didnt see much info around on the site with a quick look over. If there is a post about the 6.5x55, please point me in that direction.

Thank you very much.

Top right hand corner of the page is a site search bar. Type in 6.5x55, and you'll get a bunch of posts and threads.

Keeping it fun is the goal. I would not start with an old military action as the basis for a long range rifle, or put a bunch of money into bringing it into the modern age. Shoot it as is, decide on some goals and parameters regarding what you want in a new rifle, and go from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.