Old school 98 longrange

overbo

FN mauser ingraved and inlay scroll in platinum done by Kurt Jaeger.
Bear cub straight 6x
Custom featherweight barrel
English walnut stock by Justin Sip and Justin refinished all the metal work
300 weatherby mag
Shoots extremely well w/ 220gr at 100 yrds,if you can take the punishment
Original gun built in the 60's Picture 440.jpg

Picture 441.jpg

Picture 442.jpg

Picture 443.jpg

That is a class rifle that will probably out shoot most the plastic fantastics built by the Remington parts swappers posing a rifle smiths out there. It takes a smith and a craftsman to build that, real metal work, real woodwork and an eye for detail that cerekote will not cover a smiths mistake on.

I lost touch with Justin, he built me several quality rifles in the past before he was on his own, a couple plastics (ok hunting/tactical) and a beautiful Mauser with museum grade wood. From his site and this pic his work has progressed! Got in touch with him again, thanks. And, please tell us you are going to kill with this!

I've been extremely impressed w/ the accuracy of this rifle.The recoil isn't as bad as some rifles in the past.I beleive that comes from Justins ablity to configure at stock correctly.
Yes I do plan on taken this guy afeild and plan to work w/ Justin again on a 7x57 98 mause in the other pics.

Wow, now thats a heck of a nice looking rifle. Oh and whats a lil recoil among friends, if guys cant handle the recoil they should go find another hobby like underwater basketweaving or something recoilless. Congrats.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.