OK, took a stab at new camo for my stock

Southernfryedyankee

I think it looks pretty good so far but I need 2 more colors. Please tell me your opinions both good and bad. The stencils took about 3 hours to do but I definitly need another color or maybe 2. Here are the pics

DSCN6329Large.jpg

DSCN6328Large.jpg

As the song says, " you gotta know when to hold'em."

Leave it alone. It is unique with the two color scheme and looks "different and good".

I was torn about only using 2 colors. If I was going to just use 2 colors I would have done black and tan (that would have been wicked). I DO like the way the stock is but the green is lighter than what the cap indicated and I really think I need a darker color to bring it all together. I am considering omitting the black and using a flat dark earth, I want to spray it on a test piece of wood to see how dark it actually is.

As the song says, " you gotta know when to hold'em."

Leave it alone. It is unique with the two color scheme and looks "different and good".

Ok here is the finished product

I just have to put a flat clearcoat on it and let it cure. For some reason the colors in the pics off (yellowish) To see it in person is awesome. I will get some daylight pics where the colors will be more accurate.

DSCN6338Medium.jpg

DSCN6337Medium-1.jpg

DSCN6336Medium-1.jpg

DSCN6339Medium-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.