Official 2022 Varmint Post

1A7BD5A3-9CBD-4A2E-AB6E-2DA9B63CEACA.jpeg
Let it Rain……

First hair of the spring. 22 Marauder pellet gun. Wife finally realized they were mowing the grass to the dirt and authorized I encourage them not to come back. Just cant shoot them when she is watching them out the window having coffee. She says they are not dead as they do the death dance around the yard. 🤣 Baby ground hogs are not out yet. Will start popping those pretty soon.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6287.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6287.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 154
CZ 457 (.17 HMR Conversion, 24") in pro varmint stock with a scary, scary, oh so scary, solvent trap.
Took all 4 in about 60 seconds at about 75 yards with an Orion (H30) red lamp.
Rabbits are great for target practice, but not much for learning how to hunt. It's crazy how they will just sit there while one after another drops around them.

1650808534804.png

Only wish I could shoot the 4 in my yard at the moment. Out of season now. I need a quiet .22 pneumatic airgun to keep my liberal neighbors from hearing me.
Live traps don't seem to work. On rare occasions I've been able to snare a couple to feed the foxes.
Since my old dog had to be put down they and the squirrels have taken over my yard! Ugh!

First hair of the spring. 22 Marauder pellet gun. Wife finally realized they were mowing the grass to the dirt and authorized I encourage them not to come back. Just cant shoot them when she is watching them out the window having coffee. She says they are not dead as they do the death dance around the yard. 🤣 Baby ground hogs are not out yet. Will start popping those pretty soon.
Bet you didn't even intend the PUN! 😅 Be honest now Bro!

Only wish I could shoot the 4 in my yard at the moment. Out of season now. I need a quiet .22 pneumatic airgun to keep my liberal neighbors from hearing me.
Live traps don't seem to work. On rare occasions I've been able to snare a couple to feed the foxes.
Since my old dog had to be put down they and the squirrels have taken over my yard! Ugh!
Just got into the air gun game last year. Addictive for sure. Surprisingly expensive. 😞 But, well worth it. I get all sorts of really inexpensive, and backyard quiet, target practice and the fact that I love fried squirrel doesn't hurt much either.