Oehler 35 P

Jimm

Probably ought to entitle this " first impression "

It seems that many things are the same no matter how old we get . The days immediately following christmas for example.........boys playing with their toys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I had decided to hold of on buying a 35P even though they were about to go the way of the wooly mammoth. Reason being was I could'nt buy the things I wanted to give to my family for Christs birthday celebration. Also in my twisted mind that was just an incentive to start plotting and planning on a Oehler 43 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well , I have a 35P anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. A friend of mine had heard me speak of the impending demise of the 35 and a coupla of days or so before Christmas he showed up at my house . " here , I know you've been wanting one of these " he said as he handed me the case that held the works plus some extras .

I haven't had time to do much other than familiarize myself with it and read alll ! the destructions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Upon doing so I found that Dr. Oehler had placed a number to call in the very end orf the instructions that when I called it I was awarded a certificate for $200.00 toward the purchase of a 43 !!!!!

scroll down

Just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They do , however place emphasis on reading the entire booklet . I found it to be well written , a refreshing thing in these days on " instruction manuals " that are obviously written by someone with only a rudimentary grasp of the language . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yes , it worked , shot some weighed .22 rimfire bullets through it and compared them to a handful of unweighed ones , Eyeopening for sure .

I have an ancient Chrony so I will be looking at the results I recorded with it on current handloads in comparison readings with the 35p , as well as reporting on the performance .

Jim Brown

jimm:

Good for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You'll be glad you got it. They are an accurate, dependable and precise piece of equipment. Congratulations and keep us posted as to what you think of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They discontinued the Oehler 35 line. I still haven't figured out quite why but that's what there doing. Last I heard they were putting together the last of em that they had the parts stockpiled for, and that was gonna be it. They expected to be sold out by the end of last year. . . so you may want to start trying to track one down NOW if you ever want another one.

i just ordered my one from bruno's. they have 2 left i think and sinclairs have some in stock as well. better be quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nowler ,

I forgot to mention that my initial experience with the 35 was under full cloud cover and I had the skyscreens on and never missed a read on 50 or so .22 long rifle rounds with no " possible error " alerts from the proof screen .

Pretty dang impressive but hey ! I've been using a Chrony for ten years ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I reallly look forward to some solid data in the days ahead .

Jim

All day , light went from full sun to partial to full cloud and so on .........

I am a giggling man ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif This thing is working so good I can't wait to get back to the range and shoot some more !

I am planning on a full review once I have enough time using it to make a report . At the outset I can say that in accordance with others experience the Chrony that I had been using was a tad optimistic . Shooting the same loads at approx the same values ( temp, etc ) as I had used with the Chrony resulted in 20 fps reductions with the Oehler 35p. May not seem like much but as you all know ................way out there it's a bunch.

I have some more ladders and other tests up and coming for this new tool and will share as they occur .

Too much fun !!!! Jim

jimm,
I also purchased an Oehler,only without the printer.I have tried it only once and I love it.
My experience was the same as yours.I found out that my old Chrony (Beta master) was very optimistic.Over the Chrony my favorite load was registering 3180-3200 f/s.The same load,same conditions,averaged 3150 over the Oehler 35.Headed to the reloading bench to add more powder to the load to get the velocity back,for my TDS reticle is calibrated for the higher velocity.Of course this gives me the chance to play with the Oehler again and run the figures through the QL program.
Good luck!Just wish that I had bought the Oehler first and had the money back(and fustrations)spent on two Chronys!Live and learn!
Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the info, guys. At the end of last week everybody was out of stock but I was able to snap one up off ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

HEY FELLAS OEHLER MAKES A QUALITY PRODUCT. THEY TELL THE TRUTH. AGAIN LIKE OTHER QUALITY PRODUCTS YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH MINE IS SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PAINT THE BULLET BLACK WITH A MAGIC MARKS ALOT FOR THE EYES TO SEE IT AS ITS HAULIN ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.