Oak Creek feeding station

roundss

In Eastern WA, Northwest of Yakima on Hwy 12 they have an elk feeding station (1 of 6 they operate...I think it was 6), the main reason they feed the elk is to keep them out of the ranchers' fields.
I wasn't able to get over the pass last weekend to see them while they had all the snow in the valley but here's a few pics of 13-1500 head of elk. I also got few pics at their Big Horn Sheep feeding station.

Oakcreektrip2-18-08005.jpg

Oakcreektrip2-18-08083.jpg

This one I took with the camera lighting changed. I hoped I could get the lighter colored bulls and the ivory tips to pop. I think it turned out.
Oakcreektrip2-18-08106.jpg

Oakcreektrip2-18-08051.jpg

And one last one of Mt Rainier, taken on hwy 12 going East.
Oakcreektrip2-18-08132.jpg

It's not all that far Len. From the edge of town it's only about 20 minutes and you're into a thousand or more elk and usually 20-30 bighorn sheep.:);):)

Nice opportunity, I wish it wasn't so far!

I wish I wasn't so new with this camera:)
I can see the picture, I hthink I have it, the lighting looks good then I get back and download it and it's either under or over exposed.
Thank goodness for digital or I'd be in the poor house.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.