NZ Fallow.

300WSMMAD

Hi Guys thought I may share yesterdays success with you.

He anit huge(head wise)! It wasnt far! The weather was absoluly ****,rain and humidity was a bitch!!! to make it even better I tore the tendons in my shoulder doing the big heave on to my back with him (so Im screwed for next couple of weeks).

But sure beats sitting at work.:D:D:D:D

3 yr old fallow buck, 260 yrds downhill, Tikka 595 7-08 140 gr Nosler BTs.

FallowBuck10022009008.jpg

A huge thanks to "Top Predator" who was with me to carry this out for me after my injury!

Regards 300WSMMAD

Best hatched plans never work out! They were supposed to be in the pines 5 mins walk from the truck, damm it ,not out in the open, bottom of a valley amongst the raupo grass, didnt they get my email:D

So the 708 was the natural choice to take,but the Lapua is always the one I look at and pause for a brief moment, then come back to reality!

He is a little fatty, oh and the deers in great nik too King Country grass!!

regards 300WSMMAD

Last edited:
Congrats, beautiful animal. I have hunted Fallow several times and taken a couple bucks over the past 10 years. I would love to be able to hunt them in an area where they are free range hunts. The ones I have hunted, while very challanging hunts were in large area high fence ranches.

Again, congrats!!!

Hey Fiftydriver, if your after free range fallow there is plenty in Australia and New Zealand. Fallow are mostly plentiful free range in Tasmania, much greater chance of succes there. I think in Tasmania though you just need to buy a tag down at the police station

Cheers,

CZ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.