Nxs pictures

Yes sir that's the one it was looking into. I won't be doing any elr work with it I think my interest is capped out by about 1000. Also little sidebar I've been working a leupold mark AR with the tmr reticle and it's 1/10 mil clicks so that's what I'm used to. Anybody have a 1/10 mil Nxs and any feedback? I don't do the math I put it all into a program so I'm not gonna use it for ranging or anything

Mil or MOA, pick your poison. I used MIL in the military but MOA is my preference now. NPR1 is the reticle in the pix.

High Speed and Zero Stop is the way to go if you can. I have HS but to the ZS. You have to pay close attention to re-zeroing after ELR work. When dialing past 2 full rotations on the turret it is easy to forget. Your next shot might be 20 MOA high! HA HA. I did that once. You can live with it for sure, just get into the proper habit of going back to zero.

Oh I'll be getting the zero stop definitely. I want my equipment as idiot proof as possible. What's the difference with the high speed though?

Oh I'll be getting the zero stop definitely. I want my equipment as idiot proof as possible. What's the difference with the high speed though?

20 MOA per rotation of the turret. For LR or ELR where you are dialing a lot of elevation this is awesome turret. For example my Leuy has 15 MOA per each rotation. For close in work, let's say sub 800 you don't dial past 1 full turn. But for LR, 1000 plus you will do so. If you need 30 moa the HS turret is easy, roll past 20 to 10 and done. With a 15MOA turret you have to run 2 rotations. If you have 10 then you run 3. It is easy to be distracted out there while hunting so simple and idiot proof is best. I need it too.

BTW-
It is common for NF guys to have custom turrets made or tape that is set up for the rifle so you can have turret with numbers such 1, 2, 3 etc to 10. Those numbers equal the yards. 8 for example equals 800 yards. This is specific to your ballistics for a given set of elevation and atmosphere conditions. Gunwerks is great place to this in action. It is an awesome turret design actually and makes LR work much less complicated.

Example: range the target at 900 yards actual distance, at 6000 ft, with temps at 40F. You turret is set up for 5000-7000 feet and 50 degrees. You simply twist the turret to 9, aim, squeeze. Done deal. Normal mil or MOA, you need the solution in Mils or MOA to dial the turret, for example 19.5 MOA. You will need to get this solution first and foremost from you drop or computer. Both get you to the target just one is quicker.

Yeah those custom turrets are handy I had ordered one for a 308 but it got backed up due to a glitch and by the time I got ahold of leupold I had already rebarreled so I just canceled it. It would be nice though

I think I would do the tape. I have not used it but I would be willing to try it. I am thinking about ordering a set up and giving it a try. The only issue I have is that I can run my 140 and 160 from my current setup. 160's are currently zeroed. All I have to do is take 2 MOA away from my zero and dial for 140's. I got lucky. The both shoot exact same windage. I have ran solutions to 1500 yards and confirmed it.

**** that is lucky. Before I really do any of this I need to get myself out there where it's possible to reach out some

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.