NXS 2.5-10 on a 375 H&H

TK280

Obviously not a real long range rifle, but I currently have my M70 375 at the smith for a new barrel and stock. For 20 years I had an old school Vari X-III 1.5-5 on it. I'm attempting to make the rifle more useful all around and planning on shooting 260gr accubonds. Hoping I can make it a legitimate 400 yard hunting rifle and be able to hit steel at 5 and 600.

I like the thought of the 2.5-10 Nightforce. The 1-8 would be fine, but it doesn't have parallax adjustment, and the clicks are 0.2 mils. The only downside I can see is that the 2.5-10 is SFP, but that's not bad for a rifle that's still potentially a dangerous game rifle.
Leupold VX5 2-10 would work, but not available in mils, and I think the Nightforce is going to handle a lot more potential abuse.

Any thoughts or other suggestions? Just wanting to get the most out of this rifle, and it does have some sentimental value, so I do want to put it to good use. TIA!

I would say you nailed it😉. You won't regret the NXS! You will be fine out to 400 and further for sure with a little work. All I shoot is SFP scopes and really dislike FFP. I think SFP is the best option for your use and dangerous game situations.

I would say you nailed it😉. You won't regret the NXS! You will be fine out to 400 and further for sure with a little work. All I shoot is SFP scopes and really dislike FFP. I think SFP is the best option for your use and dangerous game situations.

👍 thanks!
It'll certainly see more deer... just because.
But I do have a score to settle on the Alaska Peninsula.

Put Talley quick change mounts and rings on it and you can change scopes as the situation changes.
I use a 1.5-6 Kahles for DG and a 2-10 Bushnell Elite for NA and bring both on every hunt.