'nother noob

taco280ai

As the name says, I drive a Tacoma and shoot a 280AI. Actually haven't driven the Tacoma in a couple months since I'm in the 'Stan right now and for a while to come. And the AI was built by Travis of RBros and love it. Had it for... 2.5 years come hunting season and have yet to hunt it due to Army life.

Putting in for some CO tags this year and hoping to punch something other than paper with the 145 LRX, but even with an FX3 6x42 I still manage sub 1/2" groups at 100 every time with my best at .189. Velocity is a little low at 2970 but with that accuracy I don't care, especially with the downrange performance at 10-12k feet. Been thinking of a VX6 2-12 but nothing bigger than that, is a hunting rifle and sitting just under 7.5lbs I don't want to add much weight.

That's me, this is my rifle

Great looking rig. Thanks for the service. Had 24 years myself.

You might want to contact leupold directly as they have a Military purchase program and you can save a bunch by going thru that. Try to connect from the internet also.

Balance on a rig is important, and you do not want to overload it with the scope so you are on the right track and I would be very careful of that in picking a scope.

Might take a look at the Burris line also, as they have the best discount for hunter ed instructors at 50% off MSRP. I would imagine their military program would be close to that.

Welcome to LRH, thank you for your service, be safe. Nice rifle andgood shooting.

Don Dunlap

I haven't looked at anything Burris in quite a while, but have contacted Leupold and have their pricing sheet for military. Unfortunately, I can buy cheaper off the Internet for the items I looked at. Oh well...

Not that I need a different scope on it, is a hunting rifle for out to 600ish, preferably much closer. Would just be nice for getting those groups even smaller at the range. Have shot out to 589 at rocks and no issue with the 6x so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.