Not a new member, but no posts in maybe 10 years

c east

Live in New Mexico on 27 acres...... 100 yards range and 3 pistol ranges....I have 800 meter range to shoot at ft Bliss...Mainly like the 338 lapua in AR 30 and weatherby Mark 5...Also 300 rum on AR 30 and P14 built by Ron Zerr who also did the work in the mark 5... My claim to fame was 5.5 " 800 meter 5 shots with the AR 30 338 with 250 gr MKs...Took months to do.... Later settled on Fowler and BIB slugs as MKs always had that 1/2" flyer to open up one hole...100 yards...I can't shoot the big boys any more as recoil gets me...Still have the AR 30 in 300 rum..It's a single round at a time as mag is too small to play with feeding more than one round at a time. Zerr make a special brake for it and I still like to shoot the m2 AP 30 cal from WW2 at steel and watch things Flow Around and freeze in mid air I stopped pushing them at 3400 FPS in a 30 in barrel,,,Fun stuff better........ than crushing cans in a vice when I was a kid.......Charles Richard East

Live in New Mexico on 27 acres...... 100 yards range and 3 pistol ranges....I have 800 meter range to shoot at ft Bliss...Mainly like the 338 lapua in AR 30 and weatherby Mark 5...Also 300 rum on AR 30 and P14 built by Ron Zerr who also did the work in the mark 5... My claim to fame was 5.5 " 800 meter 5 shots with the AR 30 338 with 250 gr MKs...Took months to do.... Later settled on Fowler and BIB slugs as MKs always had that 1/2" flyer to open up one hole...100 yards...I can't shoot the big boys any more as recoil gets me...Still have the AR 30 in 300 rum..It's a single round at a time as mag is too small to play with feeding more than one round at a time. Zerr make a special brake for it and I still like to shoot the m2 AP 30 cal from WW2 at steel and watch things Flow Around and freeze in mid air I stopped pushing them at 3400 FPS in a 30 in barrel,,,Fun stuff better........ than crushing cans in a vice when I was a kid.......Charles Richard East
Welcome back from Tennessee

Recent Posts