nosler stow away.

Caleb85

Just bought a new box opened it in the pickup and saw a stow away!! Don't know what it is yet..lol

Attachments

• 20141003_132108.jpg
    20141003_132108.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 36
It has an Accubond tip check the weight and the width the NAB in .257 is 110 gr. If it is 100 grain they probably just put the wrong color tip on it.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

One time a guy bought 6mm bullets and it only had 70 something bullets in it. Here it was 6.5 bullets and because they were heavier they were short of bullet count. They were the weight of what 100 6mm bullets weighed. Matt

I bought a box of 165 gr accubonds, some had corrosion on them about 10 of them the tips had fell out...lol very weird.... only time I ever had a issue with noslers.

I just had a box of 225gr .358 ABs that had one errant bullet of another design and caliber in there. It ticked me off because I had exactly 50 wildcat cases to form and I ended up a bullet short of being able to do that, with no idea the next time I'll be able to find these bullets (apparently with the issues of the last 2 years they have not been making them).

I occasionally get 225gn 338 TTSX in my boxes of 180gn 308 TTSX.

Doesn't bother me. Life is too short to get upset about miss labeling or miss filling a box of bullets.

I chalk it up to the human element. Bullets are made by people, imperfect, with faults and personalities. Both the people and bullets.

I'm a Bergers man myself... I've had nothing but good luck with them since I switched to Bergers. However... That said... Finding inventory can be a pita these days... Which is why for my 7mm... I picked up a box of Nosler BTs and accubonds recently.

No sense having a gun I can't shoot because I can't feed it. Btw... The noslers are doing just fine... So no complaints from me. Going out for deer day after tomorrow, and I'm taking my 308 with berger VLDs, and my 7mm using Nosler bts.

I'm not a bullet racist! :D

According to what I read on other forums Nosler has left the Quality control slip more then in the past. Also they inflate the BC to sell. I haven't bought any Noslers in years. I used to shoot a lot of Ballistic Tip until a got a lot that wouldn't open. They just penciled through deer. Now I shoot mostly Bergers. Guys on 6BR said the drops at 1000 were way off with the BC number. Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.