Nosler Custom Brass

m249

I'm looking for any information any of you can give me on these. I am wondering if they are as good as Nosler say's they are. Will be loading for a .308 and a .300 win mag, info will be helpfull in if I'm going to buy this brass.

The Nosler brass is not nearly as special as they would have you believe (very soft among other things) for your .308 the clear choice is Lapua brass, as for your 300WM it is not as easy because Lapua no longer makes it. I have been using Federal Gold medal in mine ,Norma is also available but pricey leaving Nosler and Winchester as last choices.
UB

uncleB,

I'd reverse the order of the last two. I use Winchester and have struck Nosler from the list all together.

In my AM the nosler brass ruins the primer pocket with the first full load. There are no other symptoms of excessive pressure. I use an RSI pressure system to check things. The heads are just too soft.

Subsequent shots result in no further expansion of the primer pocket. But when setting the loads in ice during hot days water leaks in resultin in lots of misfires.

However, Nosler did cause me to be a bit innovative. A teeny drop of super glue on the side of the primer will keep them from falling out. Next thing will be some of that primer water proofing stuff and I'll dig those Noslers out of my dud brass bucket.

Thanks for the input, I guess its time to start looking at brass again. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best to use.

Re: Get some RWS brass

Thanks for the input, I guess its time to start looking at brass again. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best to use.

I believe RWS makes brass for the 300 Win Mag. That's what I would use if I were buying new brass. RWS brass is very good - very tough. It can be loaded stiffly without immediate primer pocket swelling, similar to Lapua. Except Lapua no longer offers their brass in 300 WM.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.