Nosler Brass

Nosler claims that some of their brass is ready to load or prepped - if so they might have trimmed the brass shorter than SAAMI specs, 10 thou is common for trimming.

My trim length is 10 thou. shorter than SAAMI max length if you dont do it this way you will need to trim after one firing

I believe saami max length is 2.850" on the 300 RUM. Trim length I believe should be around 2.840". On my brass that I set up for RCBS X Dies is around 0.020" short of max length. So you could get and X Dies and drastically cut down or eliminate case trimming.

Nosler brass is trimmed to length, chamfered, deburred, and weigh sorted. This includes their seconds brass. Seconds brass just doesn't meet one of their standards so that's why it's deemed seconds. Now the Silver State Armory brass that Nosler manufacturers and sell I cannot say what they do with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.