Norma Whitetail Soft Point

lhedrick1

I just started seeing these pop up recently in the last year. 06 and Win mag are under $40 a box which in today's terms isn't too bad especially if it's Norma brass. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm a little skeptical that a 150gr SoftPoint may be a bit self destructive out of the Win mag for deer.
Screenshot_20220911-151703_Chrome.jpg

I've shot the 30-06 in two guns. One a '77 Win Model 70. It shot sub-moa easily. The other was a sporterized 1917 Enfield. It shot 1 MOA to 1.5 depending on my level of concentration. The trigger is heavy on the Enfield. My son has put down big hogs and deer with the Enfield with one shot. It's a good bullet. I took two shots at a spectacular buck last season with the Model 70 and the Normas. I whiffed and I'm quite certain it was not the rifle or the ammo.

I shot some of the Norma WT in 7mm-08. It's accurate, like 1 MOA or better. I have a couple of boxes in .308 that I'll be trying out soon. If it shoots good, I'll hunt with it.

I just started seeing these pop up recently in the last year. 06 and Win mag are under $40 a box which in today's terms isn't too bad especially if it's Norma brass. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm a little skeptical that a 150gr SoftPoint may be a bit self destructive out of the Win mag for deer.
View attachment 393521
Oh for sure…should kill 'em real dead too haha. No different probably than the Winchester power point, rem corlokt, fed PowerShok (hot cor), etc, all of which have 150 grain options in 300 Winnie

I bought a case of it in 6.5 creed to break in a Howa 1500 for my wife and get her practiced up, and have some good brass at the end, for not much more than the cost of norma brass. The stuff shoots very well, well under MOA, with ES less than 30. I'm impressed, impressed enough I ordered some of their Bondstrike ammo 6.5 creed. That ammo groups even better out of this rifle, and is still under $40 a box. She will be shooting a deer and possibly a cow elk with the bondstrike this year.

I just spent a day at the range shooting the Norma WT in .308. It's pretty good. I was breaking in a new rifle. I went through a box of the Norma and a box of the Sig ammo, both in 150G. They appear to shoot similarly as far as POI goes. I got about a 1" group from the .308 today. I will hunt it.