Nitrex 4-20x50mm scope

Steve O

Does anyone on here have any experence with these scopes? They are made by Weaver. Natchez has them cheap, say they normally sell for $719.99 on sale for $389.95, after rebate its $289.95. I was thinking about buying one for my Savage BVSS 22-250. Any opinions?

Have a couple of the Nitrex TR2 scopes, bought from Natchez, one is the scope you asked about. Optics in both mine are very good, so don't be concerned about the clarity or low light performance of it. Adjustments track well and you should like its side focus too. Only complaint I've read about the Nitrex I have are there weight, not a scope you'd want on a light carry rifle. Also, for the long range shooters at a 1000 yards, Nitrex scope doesn't have the clicks of elevation wanted in a scope.

In short, "its a heck of a scope for a heck of a price." I've quoted a gent I shoot with at range, who is quite scope savvy, and owns the Leopolds, Zeiss, Nikons and probably a Swarvorski or two. Had him and some other scope savvy gents sit down with my Nitrex scoped rifle at range to critique it. Nothing negative said by any of them after each spent a couple of minutes or more viewing downrange with the Nitrex and playing with its adjustments.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.