nitrex scopes

edinidaho

i am interested in the nitrex scopes natchez is selling. does anyone know for sure about the warrentee situation. the seem like a great buy ,but if they are not backed up i would rather spend more bucks somewhere else.

Thanks Ed

i am interested in the nitrex scopes natchez is selling. does anyone know for sure about the warrentee situation. the seem like a great buy ,but if they are not backed up i would rather spend more bucks somewhere else.

Thanks Ed

Nitrex is a subsidiary of weaver the Nitrex two's are the same scopes as the Weaver Super slam scopes. I am very happy with mine, clear and crisp at first light and dusk while out hunting. The windage and elevation knobs were right on while sighting in. So far so good It is a great scope for the money.

I just checked, 4-20x50 TR2 still in stock.
I bought a 3-15x50 this week, $230 shipped after rebate. Sure seems like a good deal for the money.

I should have been more specific . No more Nitrex TR2 4-20X 50 Matte with Glass Etched EBX Reticle , and there won't be anymore as of 12-06-10 according to the sales guy I talked to .

That depends on the particular model.

I just bought 2 ea of the 3-15X50. It has 1/4 moa.

I was looking at a 4-20 and I believe it was 1/8 moa....

I have no experience with Nitrex but I got some time behind a weaver superslam this past summer and for these Natchez prices, if truly same glass and mechanicals as the Weaver, it is a great deal.

Aldon

I purchased one a few weeks back, it's the 2-10x42 duplex reticle. I am pretty darn happy with the glass on it. The turrets are labelled 1/4" @ 100yards. However, after checking it against a yard stick at a measured 100yards the adjustments were 1/4 moa not the advertised 1/4 inch. This will matter at longer ranges. The good thing is that it returned to zero after going top to bottom about 15 times, something I can't say about a $1250 Leupold I'm about to send back for the 4th time, it was off by 10%...AHHHHHHHHH!!!

On a better note: I called Nitrex about the mail in rebate and they gave me ATK's phone number to track it, I think the warranty will be good to go as well. So far this is a pretty good scope for the $149 I will end up having in it! I have already killed a nice buck with it mounted on my 7mm mag.
Looks like they are even cheaper now. The silver one is $209, plus you get the $100 mail in rebate.

Last edited:
Hey Bravo4, how much difference is there between 1/4" at 100yds and 1/4 MOA?
I thought they were darn near the same.
I got my 3-15x50 with the plex in and I like it really well. Still waiting on the barrel for my 6.5-.284 project so I won't be shooting it for a while, but I'm happy with everything so far.

Hey Bravo4, how much difference is there between 1/4" at 100yds and 1/4 MOA?
I thought they were darn near the same.

1 moa @ 100yards is basically 1.047". But when you dial in for some distance it can/will start to make a difference. The further out you go the more that .047 makes a difference. When testing the scope place a yard stick exactly 100yards out and get it perfectly level. Then place your rifle/scope in a vise (leveled) with the reticle at the top of the yard stick. I had to add colored stickers to the yard stick and white paper behind it to make it really stick out. If you adjust "up" 36 moa it should be 37.7" or 1.7"below the bottom of the stick. I use another person to mark exactly where the reticle stops as I am looking through it. Then repeat it about 10 more times to make sure the adjustments are repeatable.
How to Optically Check a Rifle Scope

Yup, I get it now. The tiny .01175" difference of 1/4" to 1/4 MOA when multiplied by 4 to get to one inch and then times 36 adds up to a measureable 1.692".
Thanks for the explanation.

I have a Nitrex TR2 2-10x50 i bought from Natchez Shooters supply last year. The glass is excellent and repeatable for windage and elevation was also excellent. The scopes are a little heavy and need more eye relief. My 2-10x50 only had 3.5 inches of eye relief. Lenses are fully multi- coated on the both the TR2 and TR1. The scopes are made in Japan for ATK. ATK is a world leader in weapons technology that also owns Federal, Speer, CCI, Estate Cartridge, Alliant Powder, RCBS, and Outers. All Nitrex scopes come with a Limited Lifetime Repair Warranty with a one year, over- the -counter direct exchange policy applicable to the original purchaser. All TR1 scopes feature "Trex" three-point precision windage and elevation adjustments. The trex three-point precision system uses triangulated contact points for precise and repeatable adjustments that eliminate drift and maintain zero. For the money the TR1 seems to be a very good value. I guess it just depends on what you want a scope to do for you. Good luck on finding the right piece of glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.