Nikon Tactical Scopes

Traper55

Any of you super sniper have Ever tested a NIKON TACTICAL SCOPE. I,m thinking of gettin one for long range shooting. They are going on ebay for $699US and up, thanks, Traper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I looked through two at a range , a PD had was trying them out on their sniper rigs.
I realy wasen't to impressed for the money. at 400yds and closer I realy coulden't tell the differance between them and a Leopold mk4 that was their.
I know that the IOR I was using was alot sharper edge to edge and showed a bit more contrast in colors and an overall sharper image.

If it were me and I was looking for a higher end tactical scope I would definatly look at the IOR's for the money I think they are one of the best deals going

Leupy Mk4's are significantly more than $700-800 unless you get a used one. So if quality is the same Nikon has an advantage there. Nothing lacking in the Mk4 though.

I just had to make the same decision. I too saw little difference between the mk4 and Nikon. I heard some abou the IOR but could not look at one in person so when I found a deal on a Nikon I took it. I don't have the scope mounted as I'm waiting on the rings, but I'm pretty impressed with it. It'll do everything I need out of a scope and I really like the turrets.

Beware that most of them on eBay are Nikoplex...I really had to search to find a Mil Dot from a seller on snipershide.com. Those are sold out most everywhere; when the new stock comes in (I'm told May-June), price will be $900-$1000.

I read several different Nikon reviews online and they were very favorable. I think that's the reason they are so scarce...it seems a lot of people felt they were a good deal for the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.