Nikon Tactical rifle scope?

270yotekiller

Does anybody have any experiences with the Nikon tactical riflescope in either the 2.5-10x44mm or the 4-16x50mm?? This is the strongest candidate for my price range and well i would like to hear other opinions on this optic.

270yotekiller,

I can say one thing for sure, they are an awesome scope. The clarity, durability and brightness is outstanding. In my opinion, they are one of the top 30mm scopes out there.

I've been very happy with mine. Very clear, rugged, and good adjustments. I can't compare them to any other high end scopes though, since the only good scopes I've used have been Nikon.

I have the Nikon 4x16 tactical and several Leopold MK4 scopes. I would put the Nikon far above the leupolds for clarity, sharpness, and repeatability. I just wish they would make it with 1 moa elevation adjustments like the Leupold MK4 M3

cherokee,

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish they would make it with 1 moa elevation adjustments like the Leupold MK4 M3

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean one click = one MOA or the adjustment is in inches and not MOA's?

I have 3 (4-16) sitting right here in front of me.. one is mounted the others are not.. I have been playing with all of them inspecting and whatnot...

I have to say I am impressed with NIkons "jump" into the tactical market..
they come with a way to get a free Mil-Dot Master 4" sunshade and butler creek caps... that in itself lets you know Nikon is paying attentio to details!

I havn't put it though the paces yet but I anticipate good things...

my ONLY negative comment is that the 4-16 should be a lit ret.

I love mine. In fact, I just tested it this past weekend with regards to click increments. I shot a group at 100 yds. Went up 5 MOA, shot another group. Went up another 5 MOA, shot another group. Both were dead nuts on with regards to where they should have printed. Clarity is awesome, construction is rugged and dependable, plus all the extras they give to you are nice touches.

I did have a problem with the first one I bought. Reticle shifted on me, but Nikon promptly replaced it with a brand new scope. Only bad comment I have is that I wish they would have kept the half mil hash marks on the reticle. From what I understand, these went away due to legal issues with Premier.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.