Nikon Fieldscope ED III 20-60x60

carpetman2

I just purchased my first higher mid-range spotter, a Nikon Fieldscope ED III 20-60x60 and I must say WOW! I got a bundle with four eye pieces (which the fixed 24 power Wide Angle is my favorite so far). Talk about clarity, and definition, and color. And it came with a padded scope cover that you can leave on while using which is a real bonus. I think it will be perfect to back pack with, as the 82mm and larger Bells on some of the spotters are just too big. My next test before elk season will be to see how far I can see .277 cal holes on targets. I'll update as soon as I get out. gun)

Well, I finally made it out. You can see the 270 holes at 300-400 yards if there is no mirage. You can see the 30 cal holes @ 500, or at least I could. I almost could make them out at 600, but not consistently. But is it ever clear. I was looking at a robin from about 100 yards and I could see each feather. It was amazing. I also spotted a nice bull from about 3 miles. Could not tell what he was at that range but I could tell he was a bull. At 2 miles it was no problem to see his rack. At a mile and half you could make out his points. I am very pleased. It is also very packable. That is what I wanted in this scope as much as quality, packability (sp) and I got it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.