Nikon Buckmaster question

Alucard

Hey everyone. Will the Nikon Buckmaster stand up to the punishment that the 300 RUM can dish out to scopes? I was thinking of putting one on my Rem 700 Police in the 300 RUM, but I don't want to destroy such a nice scope in a few shots. Thanks for the info!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone. Will the Nikon Buckmaster stand up to the punishment that the 300 RUM can dish out to scopes? I was thinking of putting one on my Rem 700 Police in the 300 RUM, but I don't want to destroy such a nice scope in a few shots. Thanks for the info!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!! It can take it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had a BM on a Sendero .300 Ultra Mag. I tried to break that scope and it never moved POI. I replaced the BM with a S&B, but sold it to a guy that still uses it on a .270 with no problems.

Now, the Monarch is a better scope, for a few bucks more.
If you already have the BM, then go for it. If you haven't bought a scope yet, I would highly recommend the Monarch..sakofan....Good shooting!!!!

Ok, thanks Sakofan. I already have the scope. Its the 6-18x40 with the Nikoplex. I bought it for my XR-100 Rangemaster.......if the **** thing ever shows up and for that matter if the gun ever shows up!!!

I was thinking of getting another one and putting it on my 300 RUM. With your advice though, I think that I will spend the cash and get the Monarch.

One other question to add, are the Burris Black Diamond scopes better then the Nikon Monarchs? Thanks again!

[ QUOTE ]

One other question to add, are the Burris Black Diamond scopes better then the Nikon Monarchs? Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll be very happy with the Monarch.

I don't have any experience with the Burris. Sorry. I've read some good reviews on it though. Maybe some other members can give you advise on that...sakofan..God Bless!!

I would not say that the Black Diamond is better, but they will add more weight due to the 30mm tube. I think that the Nikon Monarchs are one of the better buys versus quality out there right now.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I was thinking of trying out the Burris Black Diamond. They are a few more dollars in my neck of the woods though, so I might stay away from them for the time being. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.