Nikon Ballistics tool - free online

Dr. Vette

I don't know if any of you have seen this before; I know that I have not. Nikon has a nice ballistics tool that will let you select any of their scopes and reticles, select your cartridge and load, and then will generate a report for you. I find that it is especially nice if you have one of their BDC reticles and wonder how your rifle's ballistics actually match up to the BDC reticle.

Take a look:

Nikon Spot On&#153 Ballistic Match Technology Program

I have used it and turned a bunch of folks on to it as well Dr. V.
It is so easy and lets you print out a small table for your buttstock.
I was recently shooting with some guys new to the SPot On Program as well as the Nikon BDC scopes and they were hitting 4inch targets at 630 yards with various stock guns. Needless to say, more believers! Like you said, it's free on-line and will work with whatever round you shoot.Just enter Maker,bullet type,weight,and MV and hit FIRE !
Let me know what you think.

Steelhead, I just turned a guy onto the Nikon Spot On website who shoots a muzzleloader. He had no idea you could look up data for smoke poles as well.
Definitely worth a look.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.