Nikon Ballistics tool - free online

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Dr. Vette, May 30, 2010.

1. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

I don't know if any of you have seen this before; I know that I have not. Nikon has a nice ballistics tool that will let you select any of their scopes and reticles, select your cartridge and load, and then will generate a report for you. I find that it is especially nice if you have one of their BDC reticles and wonder how your rifle's ballistics actually match up to the BDC reticle.

Take a look:

Nikon Spot On&#153 Ballistic Match Technology Program

2. Freebore

Freebore Well-Known Member

Pretty nice tool if you do have one of their scopes and shoot those bullets available in program.

Here is a link to a program with all the bullets available to the reloaded from most manufactures.
    JBM - Calculations - Trajectory

3. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

I have used it and turned a bunch of folks on to it as well Dr. V.
    It is so easy and lets you print out a small table for your buttstock.
    I was recently shooting with some guys new to the SPot On Program as well as the Nikon BDC scopes and they were hitting 4inch targets at 630 yards with various stock guns. Needless to say, more believers! Like you said, it's free on-line and will work with whatever round you shoot.Just enter Maker,bullet type,weight,and MV and hit FIRE !
    Let me know what you think.

4. steelhead613

steelhead613 Member

that is pretty neat. thanks for the link

5. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

Steelhead, I just turned a guy onto the Nikon Spot On website who shoots a muzzleloader. He had no idea you could look up data for smoke poles as well.
    Definitely worth a look.