Nikon 1000 Riflehunter Rangefinder

kellyc33

Has anyone used the Nikon 1000 rangefinder yet? I would like to know how far you can actually range deer sized animals with it. Does the angle compensation work as advertized? If you have used one, give us the pros and cons.

I have this rangefinder and I think its decent. I dont know if ranging deer sized animals from 1000 yds is realistic just because it is impossible to hold the rangefinder steady enough to get a good reading at something that small from that far. That being said, I always just range a bush or tree near the animal. I have ranged large rocks out to 1000 yards and would say I can probably range bushes to atleast 800 yards. The angle compensation seems to work as it took 70 yards into account for the bull I shot last year. When I had the yardages perfect I drilled the bull. 483 yards gun)

Bad thing was the orange backlight for low light situations. It was very hard to see anything through the rangefinder at low light because the of the backlight. Maybe go to a local store and try the rangefinder about 15 mins before dark and see what you think. Hope it helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.