Nightforce scope opinions

jmatson

Does anyone have a opinion on the nxs series as compared to the Bench Rest series? I will be buying one soon and I have not made a decision on which one to purchase.

One thing to check and compare is the vertical turret travel. There's quite a difference in the BR series and the 5.5-22 series.

This might influence your decision somewhat if you need more travel than the BR series would provide. May depend on what range you want to zero for and what type base you'll be using.

Personally I really like the longer vertical travel of the 5.5-22 series NF scopes. If the BR series had the vertical travel of the 5.5-22 scopes I'd probably have something different on my LR rig.;)

If you are doing Bench Rest then the BR model maybe better I'm not a BR shooter. If you are doing F-Class the BR would work but we sale more of the NXS to the F-Class shooters. If you are doing all around long range / hunting setup then NXS for sure.

I love the NXS they are great scopes!
3029_348.ts1144211502069.jpg

The NXS scopes are tougher than the Bench Rest series of scope. The NXS line of scopes are rated to with stand 1200 plus or minus G forces. The Bench Rest series oscpoes are rated to with stand 850 G's both plus and minus. The turrets on the NXS scope have 10 MOA per revelution and are in 1/4 minute adjustments. The Benchrest series have 5 MOA per revolution and are in 1/8 MOA adjustments

Make mine a NXS.....

Thanks folks, I should have stated what my intended use was, on a 300 RUM the NXS. I have a 22-250 in the works, on a 22-250 the BR scope should work fine. Any opinions?

I love the NXS. Hate the BR.

Their BR scope is probably the heaviest and highest mounting in the market. And who among BR shooters would ever use a lit reticle?
The scope just makes zero sense to me.
Its as though lightforce subcontracted out the BR line, with stipulations that it be 'nightforce-like'.

Why they would dilute their charactor with this move is totally beyond me..

JMO

If they did, NF should have cut them, and any other bad investments in their lineup, with the introduction of NXS(which put em on the map).

Folks, if your gonna get a NF, get the scope that matters..
The scope with value..
Get the NXS

Again, JMO

I love the BR Model --- actually sold my NXS Models for my 1K competition rifles because the BR has fewer moving parts (side focus) and it is a mental thing with me. All of my hunting scopes are S&B, USO or the VMV series. NF builds good stuff either way you go..

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.