Nightforce Retical

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jcvibby, Oct 22, 2008.

1. jcvibby

jcvibby Non-Profit Sponsor

Over the last two months I have been searching for the so called "best scope for me and my rifle". I have come to the conclusion it will be a nightforce 5.5X22X50mm with zero stop. I am now looking for the perfect retical for my personal uses. I will be using this rifle for ranges up to and including 1000 yard competitions. I will also be using this rifle for long range hunting and general purpose shooting. What do you think???I know there will be lots of ideas and that is exactly what I want. Thanks for the input!!!

2. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Honestly at this point the most popular NF reticle is the NP-R1, 1 moa vertical hash marks and 2 moa horizontal hash marks. it allows for very precision compensation and estimation.

for hunting i really like the NP-1RR for its ranging aspects and i use and sell it in alot of hunting rifles.

if you are wanting a scope for a gun that you are gonna use for both hunting sometimes and target shooting alot of times i would go with the NP-R1, you can be really precise and you will never be dissapointed.

hollar if you have any questions

have a good un
    steve

3. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

NP-R1 is my favorite reticle choice offered from NF.
    Holland's will also be putting their ART reticle in NF FFP scope (Not sure when, but this is my preferred reticle)

4. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

Another vote for the NPR1

5. Bill Maylor

Bill Maylor Well-Known Member

another vote for the NPR1, and one foe MCAIN-PALIN:)

6. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

CH1
    A good ole medium-fine crosshair..

7. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

+1 NPR1

I have the npr2 in both of my nf's and 2moa elev. isn't bad but 5moa windage isn't the best.

Brent

8. SWALI

SWALI Active Member

CH-1 Good for me also.