Nightforce On A Custom 300 Weatherby

SHRTSHTR

Hello,
This is my first post, but have been reading here for a while.I am having a custom 300 Weatherby built for be by Randy Selby out of Wyoming. I plan on using this rifle for mainly Elk and deer sized animals.

Leopold scopes 6.5 x 20 have been the norm for me but I would like to try the NXS 5.5 x 22 x 56mm NP-R1 Thanks to this forum for some good reading on this scope.

My question is this: What are the best bases and rings for this scope on the rifle I will be using? I beleive? that I would like to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible. I would also like to have the Cosine Indicator and seperate Bubble Level. I seen this setup on the "Edge" website. Below is the info on the rifle I am having built.

Winchester Classic Action, Stainless, Squared and lapped.

Krieger S/S Match Grade Barrel, Fluted to a 300 Wby 26" barrel with a #4 contour. (Barrel will be CYRO treated)

Stock, Borden Rimrock fiberglass and pillar bedded with decelerator pad.

I hope this is enough info to get started. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Ray

My first custom rifle was a 300 weatherby and I loved it. Make sure to discuss twist and throat length with your gunsmith. Mine was standard throat ( not freebored ) and the factory weatherby ammo was high in chamber pressure. I recall factory hornady ammo poppin primers out. Nightforce are great scopes and is probably your best choice. Everyone seems to like them.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.